1. Despite forking out a fortune for the trip, it is guaranteed the minute the plane doors open, Brits will immediately commence commenting and moaning about the heat.
2. Become incredibly tight fisted and stingey. Somewhere in the process of exhanging foreign rates into the good old British pound, we decide that everything is ‘too expensive.’ Even if in reality, it costs 5p. British are very quick to sync into what is ‘local value’ and categorically refuse to be ripped off!!!
3. Get burnt. This is usually on the last day of the trip, through fear of not seeing rays of sunlight for months to come. Naturally, we then complain about being burnt.
4. There is always an English man who rocks into the sauna and loudly shares his wit by shouting ‘it’s like a bloody sauna in here!’ We’ve heard it..
5. Gets flip-flop toe injuries. Us Brits don’t often get to wear flip-flops and the 8 hours a day of walking around in them always gives a nasty gash between big toe and second toe. Ouch!
6. Complain. If the flight is delayed, the hotel isn’t perfect, hell even if the curtains are a different shade than advertised, there will be hell to pay!
7. Love other Brits. It is a fact that the only time a Briton is pleased to see another Briton is when on holiday. It becomes a miraculous stroke of fate that took both families to the same resort…We become friends. We cry when they leave and promise to keep in touch. We don’t keep that promise.